Who can legally buy cannabis?
Anyone over the age of 21, with a valid form of identification; minors cannot legally purchase cannabis.

Who can legally consume cannabis?
Anyone over the age of 21, with a valid form of identification; minors cannot legally consume any cannabis related product.

Where can I legally consume cannabis?
Washington State law protects private cannabis use, so you can consume openly in a residence as long as the property owner allows it. It is illegal to consume cannabis in public view. This includes streets, sidewalks, parks (including state and federal), public hiking trails, and ski resorts.

What forms of ID are accepted for age verification?
We accept any United States government issued instruction permit, identification card, driver’s license or Passport. In addition, we will accept any similar form of identification from Canada, all US Territories and Washington DC. Identicards issued by the WA State Department of Licensing, a US armed Forces ID, all international Passports, Merchant Marine ID badges, and Government Issued Indian Tribal ID Card are also accepted. Any expired form of identification will NOT be accepted for age verification.

Where do I park?
We offer customers parking spaces in our parking lot. Additionally, there is ample street parking throughout the area.

Is it legal to drive or operate a boat after consuming cannabis?
No. It is illegal to drive or operated any motor vehicle under the influence of cannabis, and doing so may result in significant legal penalties. If you are not sure whether you are impaired, do not drive! Call a taxi or use a designated driver.

What buses are near the area?
The closest stops to our storefront entrance in Ballard are located at Leary Ave NW & NW Ione Pl (North and South Bound), 15th Ave NW & NW Leary Way (North and South Bound) and NW Leary Way and 15th Ave NW (East Bound). The buses running through these stops include the Rapid Ride D Line, 17, 18, 29 and 40. Ballard has one of the top Walking Scores in the Seattle area; while those are the nearest available buses, there are numerous additional routes and stops under a mile away.

Can I purchase cannabis flower or any cannabis product to resell?
No, reselling of a controlled substance is not only a violation of our State law, but also of Federal law. Only licensed State retailers can sell cannabis or cannabis products in Washington.

If I plan on consuming cannabis edibles, how much should I ingest?
We recommend starting with one legally-stipulated 10mg serving. The effects of eating cannabis edibles can vary from person to person depending on metabolism, weight, tolerance, and several other factors. We recommend waiting at least 1 hour after ingesting a single serving before you consider taking another.

What are cannabis concentrates?
The main psychoactive component in cannabis, THC, can be extracted and concentrated to produce a variety to different substances including oils, hashes, waxes, kief, and shatter. As a result, all concentrates have significantly higher percentages of THC than you would find in a normal serving of cannabis flower. We urge you to be cautious and start slow if you have not had prior experience with concentrates. Our highly knoweldgeable budtenders would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

What are vaporizer pens and how do I use them?
Vaporizers are a great alternative to traditional smoking. A vaporizer does not combust cannabis material, but instead merely heats the product until the THC is activated and released in a thin vapor stream. We offer a wide variety of cannabis concentrate cartridges, pre-filled vaporizer pens, and fill-it-yourself vaporizers as well. Please stop by and ask a budtender if you’d like to learn more.

How much can I purchase?
Per I-502 any single transaction is limited to one ounce of usable cannabis, sixteen ounces of cannabis-infused product in solid form, seven grams of cannabis-infused extract for inhalation, and seventy-two ounces of cannabis-infused product in liquid form.

Can I bring the cannabis I purchased back with me across state lines?
Absolutely not. This is a violation of both State and Federal law. Cannabis remains illegal under federal law, and it is illegal to take cannabis outside of Washington. Doing so may result in serious legal penalties. Federal authorities may also enforce federal law anywhere within Washington, especially on federal property, airports, or near the Canadian border.

What forms of payment do you accept?
We are a CASH ONLY establishment. However, we have an ATM located on site for your convenience.

May I consume cannabis products at Lux Pot Shop?
Absolutely not. By state law you may not open, smoke, or consume any cannabis or cannabis product, on any I-502 retail premises. Moreover, consumption of cannabis and cannabis product is prohibited in all public spaces.

Can I return or exchange products if I’m not satisfied with the product?
Unfortunately no, all sales are final. But we are eager to get your feedback. Please let us know what we can do to improve your satisfaction on our web based review form or in our comments box located at the front of the store.