NUTTY COCOA BITES
Our Infused Nutty Cocoa Bites are 100% gluten free and vegan. With light notes of fig, apricot, almond, pecan, cocoa powder and dried coconut, the custom created Super Lemon Haze Coconut Oil is completely masked by the wide variety of other flavors. These protein packed snack bites are perfect for a day of adventure or a creative collaboration with friends. The dosage in each bite is quite low, around 6 MG per piece, and results in a pleasant and mild, cerebral high that is great for both the body and soul.
Makes about 24 tablespoon-sized bites
Prep time: 1 hour to make the oil, 40 minutes to make bites, plus 2-3 hours of refrigeration
1 cup pecans
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried figs
1/2 cup dried apricots
2 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoon cocoa powder
4 tablespoons cannabis-infused coconut oil
1/3 cup dried sweetened or unsweetened coconut
1/2 powdered sugar mixed with 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
To make cannabis-infused oil:
8 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 ounce of NWCS Legends Super Lemon Haze
1. Melt oil in pan on low heat. Meanwhile finely grind up cannabis. If you use the family coffee grinder, be sure to wash it out afterwards.
2. Once oil is melted add cannabis and mix well with a metal whisk. Keep heat medium-low. If you see bubbles, decrease the heat; be very careful not to burn the cannibus. Stir frequently every 5-7 minutes, for about an hour. Never leave it unattended.
3. While mixture is still hot, use a coffee filter to strain out the cannibis over a clean mason jar. Set aside.
To make bites:
1. Put the almonds and pecans into a food processor and grind together for about 30 seconds. Stop the food processor
2. Remove the stems from the dried figs and add them, along with the apricots, to the nuts and continue mixing for about 1 minute until everything is finely ground. Add the honey and mix well for 30 seconds. Stop the food processor and the add the infused oil.
3. Add the cocoa powder. Process the mixture for about a minute or so until everything is evenly blended.
4. Wearing tight-fitting, food-safe gloves (so you won’t absorb the cannabis through your skin) roll tablespoon-sized chunks of the mixture into balls. Place them in an air tight container and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
5. Once the cocoa bites are chilled, roll half of them in the cocoa-powdered sugar mix and half in dried coconut. Serve and enjoy immediately or keep in fridge for 2 weeks or freeze for later use.
Recommended serving is 1-2 per person. For maximum enjoyment in a social setting, do not consume more than 4 at one time.
Recipe by Claire Montana