Cannabis infused olive oil is incredibly easy to make and stores for long periods of time. Keep it in your pantry for any recipe that needs a little sprucing up. Because olive oil is such a versatile ingredient, there’s really no limit to what you can whip up with this simple recipe. Just remember the ratio of cannabis to oil so that you can properly dose your snacks and meals as you prepare them.
16 ounces olive oil
1/4 ounce of cannabis of your choice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Separate the cannabis with your fingers and place on a baking tray. Decarboxylate in oven for 30 minutes to activate the THC. Set aside.
- Grind the cannabis into a fine powder. Coffee grinders work great, but remember – if you use the family coffee grinder, be sure to wash it out afterwards.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot. Place over low heat and mix powdered cannabis in well, with a metal whisk. Keep the heat low. If you see bubbles, decrease the heat. Be very careful not to burn the cannabis!
- Stir frequently every 5-7 minutes, for about an hour. Never leave it unattended.
- If you don’t want to babysit the oil for an hour, crockpots work too!
- Just set the temperature to 245 degrees and cook for four hours.
- While the mixture is still hot, place a coffee filter over a clean mason jar and pour the infused oil into the filter. When the oil has all dripped through, discard the cannabis and store the oil at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
- Voila, your cannabis infused olive oil is ready for salad dressings, sauces, pastas, sautés, baked goods and more!
For more of our (Lux) infused recipes, visit our recipe archive.